Looking for Skip Hire in Blackburn, Darwen, Accrington, Burnley, Nelson, Colne, Whalley, Preston or Longridge at competitive prices?
That’s what we do! We provide skip hire, delivery and collection in the following areas:
If you trying to decide what size skip to hire? If in doubt, R&R Recycling recommend that you choose a larger size skip than you think you might need. If in doubt please call us, we are always happy to give advise and help.
R&R Recycling Domestic & Commercial Skip Sizes Explained
It is illegal to overload your skip and you will be charged for the removal of any excess waste if a larger skip is required. So if you are in any doubt as to what size skip you need to hire, it’s best to go for the bigger size – and save yourself extra cost and hassle!
Please note that these skips are for general waste only – not fridges, TV’s, monitors or any kind of hazardous waste (including paints, solvents, liquids or asbestos). Don’t worry if you need to dispose of any hazardous items – we can help you with that too, simply contact R&R Recycling.
If you need to place your skip on the road you will need to contact your local council for a skip permit. Again, R&R Recycling can arrange this for you, so please contact us for advice and help.
Mini skips are ideal for household or garden waste.
They measure 2′ 6″ (0.76m) high, 5′ (1.52m) long and 4′ wide (1.22m).
You can put about 25-35 black bags into a mini skip.
Midi skip hire is ideal for larger amounts of household or garden waste. They are also commonly used for commercial waste.
The midi skips measure 3′ 2″ (0.97m) high, 6′ (1.83m) long and 4′ 3″wide (1.29m).
You can put about 35-45 black bags into a midi skip.
Large skips are higher than standard builders skips. They are suitable for builders and for all domestic renovations.
Our large skips measure 5′ 3″ (1.6m) high, 13′ 8″ (4.2m) long and 6′ wide (1.84m).
You can put about 180-210 black bags into a large skip.
Our most popular skip, the builders skip is used in the building trade and for larger domestic renovations.
Builder skips measure 4′ (1.22m) high, 12′ (3.66m) long and 5′ 6″ wide (1.68m).
You can put about 65-85 black bags into a builders skip.
Skips should never be overloaded. It can cause issues when picking up the skip and severe problems when transporting – for other road users and pedestrians. Do not exceed the top of the walls of the skip
- Please ensure that the agreed position for the skip is clear of any obstruction.
- R&R Recycling do not accept food waste, computer monitors or televisions. Paint cans with content, aerosols, gas canisters, tyres, fridges, freezers, or plasterboard. Talk to us if you want to dispose of these items.
- R&R Recycling do not not accept asbestos – not in any shape or form! Removing, wrapping and transporting asbestos is a specialist activty.
- We can arrange for asbestos to be disposed of but it will require notification as there are a number of legal requirements. Talk to us if you need to dispose of this safely.
- The delivery position will need to be agreed by both the customer and the driver.
- The skip should not be moved from the position on site where it was delivered.
- R&R Recycling reserve the right to level the contents of the skip if overloading occurs.
If you require skip hire in Blackburn, Bolton, Accrington, Whalley, Preston or Lancaster areas, please give R&R Recycling a call.