Our Services and Your Expectations
- We will fully discuss the requirements of your job.
- We will need to know about the size and the location of the property and confirm any parking and access requirements.
R&R Recycling will agree an up-front fee. This fee is fixed and can include up to one and a half tonnes of waste. This is usually adequate for a three bedroom house. Anything else will be explained and you will be fully informed.
- For property clearances we will ask you if there is anything large or unusual in the property.
- We expect things like sideboards and tumble driers etc, but it does help if we know that there is a piano, or maybe a car in the garage or if there is a full train-set layout in the loft. If you’re not sure then we will arrange to visit and assess the situation for you.
- We will agree a date and time for the house clearance and work to a check list.
- We will meet you at the property if this is required or, if you cannot be there, then we will obtain details of your solicitor and/or estate agent and contact them to discuss requirements and obtain the keys.
You don’t have to do anything else before the house clearance. We don’t ask you to sort through, or to bag or box up. Just leave it all for us. We’ll do all the work. It’s your clearance and your instructions will be fully adhered to within the confines of the law and general safety.
About Our Licensed & Registered Waste Clearance Services
The UK government and the law requires anyone handling waste to be properly licenced. R&R Recycling must disclose the type of waste which we handle and carry. Without a licence, and accompanying relevant documentation, legitimate waste management centres are not permitted to accept any waste. R&R Recycling comply with all regulations.
This is to ensure that all waste is categorised and appropriately disposed of. If the waste comes from a home the duty of care law applies to you as well. If you wish to dispose of waste those you give it to must be a registered waste carrier, authorised to remove it and dispose of it in a responsible manner and in accordance with the law.
- R&R Recycling is registered with the Environment Agency and licensed carriers of waste for disposal.
- R&R Recycling comply with ALL regulations, our reputation relies upon it.
Skip Hire and Waste Management Legislation
The words legislation and regulations seem to occur everywhere in our society today. However, in our business they need to. This is because the areas in which we work are quite rightly well governed to protect different parts of society.The government require anyone handling waste to be properly licenced. We must disclose the type of waste which we handle and carry. Without a licence, and accompanying relevant documentation, legitimate waste management centres are not permitted to accept any waste.
- This is to ensure that all waste is categorised and appropriately disposed of.
- If the waste comes from a home the duty of care law applies to you as well.
- If you wish to dispose of waste those you give it to must be a registered waste carrier, authorised to remove it and dispose of it in a responsible manner.
Notes on House Clearance Items
To ensure that any electrical items sold are safe the regulations state that a certificate of compliance is needed for all second hand electrical items sold. This means an electrical test must be performed by an appropriately qualified electrician.
These regulations also extend to charity shops. This explains why many charity shops are unable to take donations of electrical items.
When observing fires involving sofas you immediately appreciate the need for fabric safety controls. Accidents such as these are the reason the Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations were brought into force. The regulations apply to all furnishings, furniture and their coverings. All additionally means seat pads, furniture used in houses, gardens and caravans. These regulations don’t just apply to landlords but estate and letting agents, charities: basically anyone selling or supplying second-hand furniture as part of a business or trade.
It’s your responsibility to make sure that the person you give personal effects to is reputable and has all the licences and paper work required by law. By engaging us you are taking care of this obligation.